Kitchen renovation requires a keen eye for the details. After watching renovation videos, you might have considered the home improvement process a piece of cake.
But things are not as seamless as they look.
The design of a kitchen is supposed to be more practical and functional than any other part of the home. Since it is one of the busiest and crowded areas, it needs to be planned the right way. From choosing the new kitchen units right according to the kitchen style to considering the minuscule details, a kitchen needs the maximum attention.
While choosing the kitchen cabinetry or doors, there are clear chances that you will think of installing these on your own. DIY is a nice way to save money but requires lots of DIY skills to ace it.
Fitting a kitchen needs to be handled with care and requires proper planning. For structural modification, you must have to consult an architect. But if your kitchen renovation is not about bringing major changes, there are chances that you can redo your kitchen without taking any professional help.
There are various tasks involved in preparing yourself for a DIY kitchen fitting project. From winding down the old kitchen to unwrapping the kitchen units, a DIY-er needs to be well aware of every minor detail.
Why do people prefer DIY Kitchen renovation?
- DIY does not cost as high as any professional hiring
- Some people love to implement the design changes on their own
- People usually think that kitchen renovation is easier
- For some, DIY is a way to attach memories to the kitchen area
- You need to pay £100 to £150 a day to hire a professional fitter which sums up to a huge amount at the end of the renovation project. This is the reason people opt for DIY kitchen revamping projects. The amount can be exceeded depending upon the size of the kitchen.
- Cabinet fitting is not a complicated task if you are following the proper layout. Also adjusting the door hinge speed is easier once you understand the mechanism.
- You don’t need to waste your time supervising the fitter. You can do the renovations whenever you want, thanks to the time flexibility offered by the DIY projects. The time slot is not specified and you do not have to reserve yourself for these fittings.
- Once you are done with the renovations, it’s time to celebrate the accomplishment. Nothing worth as much as this sense of achievement.
- DIY is not friendly for those who are novices and do not understand the depth of kitchen renovations.
- Kitchen revamping requires precise and accurate measurements upon which the kitchen units’ installation is based. Any minor precision error or drilling mistake can lead to horrible kitchen units’ placement.
- You never know the amount of time it will take to complete the renovations. It can take a small chunk of time to days of sheer hard work.
- Turning down the old kitchen to create a new one, itself is a big deal. You have to dispose of old units to replace them with new ones.
Why you should hire a professional?
If doing kitchen renovations by yourself is money saving and provides an easy to make a design change then why do people hire professional fitters?
While DIY is getting trendier, unfortunately, the improper executions through DIY projects can be troublesome in long run. Even though the installation seems easy but it has much more to do with accuracy and planning. If you lack the proper knowledge to design a kitchen, it can be extremely difficult to fit a kitchen by yourself.
To escape from expected fallouts of DIY, people hire a professional fitter. You will find lots of professional kitchen fitters and designers in the UK who can provide you with professional fitting services.
- The professional fitter ensures the accurate placement of kitchen units. He handles the kitchen cabinets and worktops along with expertise. The assembly of kitchen cabinetry and worktops is a massive deal and requires extra effort that can be managed by a professional only.
- Hiring a professional means that you don’t need to get worried about the whole installation process. He will carry out the entire process with the help of advanced tools and maximum precision.
- The professional installation makes sure that the work surfaces are mounted accurately over cabinets and secure with walls.
- Hiring a professional can be costlier depending upon the types of fittings. For major kitchen renovations or kitchen fixings, the cost can be high and can be disturbing for your budget.
- Sometimes, it can be difficult to hire a certified fitter. A novice can transform your kitchen into devastation, eventually causing you to pay a huge amount.
Looking for professional help in the UK?
If you are looking to hire a professional kitchen company for your full Kitchen Installation that has expertise in fitting all types of kitchen fitting ranges, TKC Kitchen can be of great help. TKC has qualified and certified professionals working in the team who will make sure that your kitchen looks as good as you desire.