TypeScript: what do you know about it?
What are the benefits of TypeScript that make it a best choice for programming?
There are many reasons to use Typescript and here are the primary ones:
- It uses the extra ECMAScript features:
TypeScript can support the new ECMAScript standards; not only that, but it also changes them to targets of ECMAScript. As a result, you can employ all ES2015 features easily.
- It possesses a static typing:
- It has a type of inference:
TypeScript offers more manageable typing. So if you do not type in types, it prevents you from coding what would cause a runtime error.
- It supports IDE:
The primary goal of TypeScript is to improve the programmer experience.
- Easy integration
- It has a firm null checking:
What are TypeScript’s primary features?
It works on many platforms (cross-platform):
You can install a TypeScript compiler and use it on any OS (operating system), e.g., Windows, macOS, Linux.
It is OOP:
TypeScript is an object oriented programming language, so it has interfaces, Classes, and Modules.
Simple error detection with static typing checking
Aides DOM Manipulation:
TypeScript helps DOM manipulation so you can easily add and remove elements.
Provides Features of ES 6:
What are the TypeScript benefits?
- TypeScript is speedy and you can learn it easily
- It is very much similar to JS, plus it has similar semantics and syntax.
- It gives backend developers tools to write code for the front-end.
What are TypeScript disadvantages ?
- It is time consuming when you need to bring code together.
- TypeScript doesn’t provide the support of abstract classes.
- You need to have a definition file to use third party libraries .