Did you know that silver is now rarer than gold? Because of this and the increased demand for silver, the value of this precious metal has skyrocketed.
However, silver is not a new commodity of value. For thousands of years, cultures around the globe have used silver as money, and the value of pure silver only seems to increase.
But just how valuable is silver, really? And what makes it worth so much? Lastly, is silver valuable like gold? If you’re asking these questions, you’ve come to the right place.
Here, we’re diving into the value of silver and why you need to invest in it now.
The Value of Silver
Using silver as a store of value is one of the main reasons people choose to invest in silver. But how much is silver really worth?
Today’s silver spot price charts indicate the following:
- One gram of silver is worth 88 cents
- One ounce of silver is worth $27.23
- One kilo of silver is worth $875.46
Of course, the grade and the quality of the silver impact the value of the metal. Higher grades and quality are always going to be more valuable!
What Makes Silver So Valuable
Silver has been a source of value for thousands of years, but why is this?
The reality is that there are many reasons why silver is a good investment and continues to hold value year after year, including the following:
- Store of value: Silver has maintained its purchasing power over thousands of years, which is impressive in relation to other commodities.
- Durability: Silver is non-perishable and non-corrosive, meaning it’s a durable metal that will withstand extensive circulation.
- Cognizability: No matter where you are in the world, silver is recognized as having value. This means that it’s good for exchange all across the globe.
- Divisibility: Unlike many barter items, silver can be divided into smaller units of composition.
- Portability: Silver can be transported over long distances without degrading or corroding.
Silver is a precious metal, and precious metals with high grades and quality will always hold value. That’s why you need to start investing today!
Investing in Silver
There are many ways to invest in silver, but you’ll want to get in on them quickly. As more and more people realize the “safe haven” that silver is because of the consistent prices, the demand will skyrocket.
You can buy silver coins or bars, invest in an ETF backed by metal, or purchase ETFs or mutual funds in which mining stocks are included. There are also silver futures contracts you can get in on or you can invest in a silver streaming company!
When it comes to investing in silver, the sky really is the limit. So, do your research to find out which method is right for you. Good luck!
Is Silver Valuable?
Is silver valuable? It absolutely is, and that’s why you should consider investing in it today.
Investing in silver has the potential to secure your finances in the coming years, and because silver will always hold purchasable value, there’s little to lose!
Did you find what you were looking for in this article? If so, be sure to check out the rest of our posts about all things personal finance.