Did you know that the rug in your bedroom has a significant and profound impact on how much sleep you get? Did you know that there are an enormous variety of rugs for bedrooms? The bedroom is the most intimate space in your home. It’s where you spend a third of your life, and it should be as comfortable as possible. Walking into your bedroom, you notice the rug that sits in front of your bed. You wonder how to place a rug in your bedroom and want an expert opinion. We’ve got you covered! Read this article for effective and practical tips on where to put rugs around the room, how to select a pattern or color scheme, and more. It’s never too late to add some flair and style to your room with a new rug!
Measure the size of the Room
The first step in rug placement is measuring the Room. Measure from wall to wall, and use that number for rug size (e.g., if your Room size is 12×12 feet, you need a rug at least 12 inches wide). If it’s an oddly-shaped area like in L-shape or U shape, measure the length of one side first, then divide it by two. The size matters because you want the rug to fit in the Room. From wool rugs to smaller ones, there is a rug size for every room.
What Type of Rug is Right for Your Room?
The second step in getting a new rug is deciding what type it should be: flat, looped, or cut pile. Personal taste and budget are more important to consider than anything else–flat rugs generally provide better insulation from cold floors. In contrast, loops and cut pile rugs will be easier to vacuum.
Select a Pattern or Color Scheme
Select a pattern and color scheme that will work best in your Room. You might want to choose an area rug if there is one focal point like large furniture; this way, it can be positioned correctly by the sofa, for example, but not cover up any other furniture. You might want to invest in a rug that matches the color scheme of your bedroom and its furnishings if you’re looking for something that will blend in but still provide plenty of comforts underfoot.
Where to Place Your Rug
The most important aspect is to find the center of your rug. You’ll want to measure from the center point and see where you’re going to place it in the room so that you don’t have any space on either side. The angle will depend on which way is best for your furniture set up, but generally speaking, most rugs should be placed perpendicular to the wall with their ends touching the wall on either side.
How to Place Rugs in Your Bedroom: An Expert Guide
Everyone has their take on how they want to decorate their bedroom, but there’s one thing that most people agree is important for any bedroom – a rug! A good quality rug can add warmth and comfort as well as style and function to your bedroom. You want the best spot for a rug, but you’re not sure where that’s supposed to go! That can depend on what kind of bed/style set-up you have. Here are some expert tips as your personal quarter deserves your utmost attention and care.
- If you have a contemporary bedroom with an open floor plan, look for the perfect spot on the ground to place your rug – it should be perpendicular to the wall with its ends touching the wall on either side. This will create a focal point that draws all your attention into one space and allows more light in from the windows.
- If you have an open bedroom with a king-size bed, place your rug on the foot of that bed (or if it is too long to fit, then hang one or two lengths over either side). This will create a resting space for people sitting up in bed and offer some privacy from guests.
- If you have a bedroom with an area rug covering the entire floor, place your rug on one side of the bed. This will create more visual interest in the room and allow guests to walk around without disturbing your space.
- Place it perpendicular to the wall so as not to disrupt light coming from the windows.
- If you have a bedroom with a queen-size bed, place your rug on one side of that bed (or if it is too long to fit, then hang one or two lengths over either side). This will create more visual interest in the room and allow guests to walk around without disturbing your space.
- If your room is large and has furniture in it (like dressers or chairs), place the rug near these pieces of furniture. It will give them some extra protection from wear and tear while still leaving enough space for walking around.
- A good size for a bedroom rug varies depending on what kind of bed you have or any furniture in the room. If you are using a smaller bed, the rug should be about six feet long and three feet wide.
- If you have the furniture type in the room that doesn’t sit too close to the wall (like dressers or chairs), place the rug near these pieces of furniture, so they get protection from wear and tear while still leaving enough space for walking around.
- If you are using a larger bed, the rug should be about eight feet long and four feet wide. You can also place chobi rugs in a room to cover more space.
- It is important that the rug not be too close to your bed. Ensure to leave two feet of floor bare on either side and foot end for easy walking around.
- If you are using an area rug over carpet, it is best to face each other with about three inches.
- For this size of rug, it’s best to place one end on either side of your bed so that there is enough space for walking around without tripping over the edges while still leaving some floor visible in front or behind the bed.
- If you are using a smaller bed, the rug should be about sixteen feet long and eight feet wide.
Benefits of Rugs in the Bedroom
Rugs add color and texture that you might not be able to get otherwise. There are also many benefits, including warmth, sound-deadening capabilities, and even pet hair control. They can elevate the feel of the space, too, so it’s perfect for those who want an elegant look or something cozier.
If you’ve been looking for ideas to add both style and function to your bedroom, check out these ziegler rugs ideas. We have everything from chic patterned rugs that will spruce up any space without overpowering it to classic solid colors that can go with just about anything. With our easy-to-navigate website and customer service representatives available 24/7 by phone or email, we make shopping for the perfect rug simple and hassle-free! What kind of bedding do you use? Do you have any idea of what design scheme you want? No matter which type of Room décor is your favorite, there’s bound to be something here at RugKnots that suits your tastes perfectly. Contact us today!